Cycling on Mt. Kilimanjaro
Kilimanjaro bike trek is our new product of trekking the Kilimanjaro Mountain, Kilema route is the only route that Bike trek to Kilimanjaro can reach to the top by mountain bike. Our experienced guides have done a good number of successful bike trek to summit Mt Kilimanjaro 5895M, the trip took 5 days with proper acclimatization.
This activity provides physical exercise and recreational use of the natural environment with minimum impact while enhancing visitors’ experience. Summit bound visitors will use Kilema route (19km) and cyclists will meet their porters at Horombo and continue to the summit. For non-summit bound visitors, cycling starts from Londorosi gate or from Morum Picnic Site then back to Morum (a 44km ride).
Day 1 | Marangu/Kilema Gate – Horombo Hut
- You will be picked at Hotel 8:30 am, This morning we drive through Kilimanjaro’s semi-tropical foothills to Marangu Gate, Spend some minutes for registrations and get the permit and then drive to Kilema gate and enter Kilimanjaro National park and start the riding, Up to Horombo H Today is 100% cycling by bike.
- Cycling distance 19 Vegetation: Forest and Moorland
Day 2 | Full Day Horombo Acclimatization
- After breakfast you start your cycling, riding through Alpine desert, some of the areas you will riding on small stone, up to Mawenzi Hut and back to Horombo
- Today is 90% riding Vegetation “Alpine desert Cycling distance: 10 Km
Day 3| Horombo – Kibo Hut (4720 M)
- After breakfast you will continue with riding to Kibo Hut, you will ride on small stone in most areas
- Cycling today is 90%. Vegetation: Alpine Desert
Day 4| Kibo Hut – Summit (5895 M) – Horombo Hut (3720 M)
- At 4 am, you will be awakened by your guides to start the zigzag trek up a long screen slop After roughly two hours you should reach Hans Meyer’s Cave and from here the gradient gets steeper. Continue your climb for approximately another 3 hours to Gilman’s Point, You will take your bike from Porters and start riding to Uhuru peak, arriving at Uhuru peak spends some few minutes or photos and then riding down to Stella Point. After lunch ride down to Horombo
- Today cycling, from Kibo to Uhuru and then Kibo 15%-20%, from Kibo to Horombo 100%. Vegetation “Alpine desert /Icecap
Day 5 | Horombo Hut(3720 M) –Kilema gate (1800 M)
After a leisurely breakfast, make your final riding down to Kilema gate across the alpine and the rainforest to Kilema gate, then you will be transferred to Marangu gate for check out and then to Hotel.